Pie crusts: Refer to my other recipe
1 egg white
5 cups sliced peeled peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate with one of the pie crusts.
3. Place the sliced peaches in a large bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix gently. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour over the peaches, and mix gently. Pour into the pie crust, and dot with butter. Cover with the other pie crust, and fold the edges under. Flute the edges to seal or press the edges. Cut several slits in the top crust to vent steam.
4. Cut thin strips of foil to line the edges, so that they don't burn. Take them off for the last 10 minutes, so the edges brown slightly.
5. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until the crust is brown and the juice begins to bubble through the vents.
6. Take the pie out in the last 10 minutes to take the foil off and brush the top with egg white.
Cool before serving. This tastes better warm than hot.
Prep time 30 min.
Cook time 45 min.
1 hour 15 min total.
Pairs Well With
I never mad a pie from scratch by myself... I wanted to make a Peach Pie and I got this recipe off the net and tweaked it a bit.
I used frozen peaches.