- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Two 16-oz. cans peaches packed in heavy syrup, drained, liquid discarded (Or, you can also use "lite" peaches in juice)
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Puree the apricots in a food processor.
- Add the syrup, lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of the machine and freeze.
- Makes about 1 quart.
NotesIn case you need a simple syrup, combine 1c sugar and 1c water in a saucepan, and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let this cool, and use as called for in the recipe. I used the juice from my "lite" peaches in my simple syrup, just to give it a little more flavor - and it was great in iced tea.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More