- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 1/2 c. frozen sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries *(blueberry variation follows!)
- 1/2 c. peach juice
- 1/2 c. strawberry juice
- 3 Tb. sugar
- 2 1/2 Tb. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 Tb. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Thaw fruit unti almost of free ice has disappeared. Drain off the juices and measure, then stir into mixture of sugar, tapioca and cornstarch in saucepan. Heat rapidly until thickening is complete. Boiling is not necessary. Set aside to cool.
- Add fruit and lemon juice to cooled, thickened juice. Pour filling into pastry-lined 9" pie pan. Cut vents and adjust top crust; flute edges.
- Bake in hot oven(425ºF.) 30 - 35 minutes, or until nicely browned. For a brown undercrust, bake on lowest oven shelf.
- Note: Proportions of sugar, tapioca and cornstarch are based on 5 parts peaches frozen with 1 part sugar; 4 parts strawberries frozen with 1 part sugar.
- #Peach-Blueberry Variation:
- Substitute blueberries for strawberries. If blueberries were frozen unsweetened, use 1/3 c. sugar; add water to the combined fruit juices to make 1 c. liquid.
NotesA jewel of a pie in color and taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More