- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs of peeled peaches
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 9 tablespoons butter at room temperature, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- Preheat your oven to 350' F
- Cut the peaches into 1/2" slices and place them in a medium sized bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large 10" oven proof skillet (cast iron is recommended) melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until smooth then stir in the honey.
- Lower the heat and add the peaches. Stir until the peaches are a little soft and glossy. This should take about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread the peaches around so that you have an even layer up to the sides of the pan.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together your flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and the white sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at time, mixing in between. Then add the honey and beat until well combined.
- Working in batches, alternately add the flour mixture and the rum to the butter mixture, starting with the flour mixture, stirring in between until just combined. Continue back and forth between the flour mixture and the rum until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Carefully spoon the batter onto the peaches in the skillet. Gently smooth it out as close to the sides of the pan as you can. No need to get too OCD on this....it will rise and spread and all will be well in the end.
- Bake in the 350'F preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out nice and clean.
- Serve at room temperature
NotesI found this recipe in the food section of the L.A. Times....YUM!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Lau Family Recipes
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More