- Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe, but firm peaches, peeled and diced, about 2 cups
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups of the flour, the baking powder, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, the salt, cardamom and cinnamon; set aside.
- Toss the diced peaches with the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Mix the cream, egg, butter and vanilla together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add the peaches and the cream mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed...batter will be lumpy...don't over mix.
- With a cookie scoop, divide the batter among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the batter. Bake the muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
NotesI thought I was done with peaches this season, after a rather large pie fail. Then, a chance encounter with a pile of fresh peaches at the store, inspired me to make some muffins. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More