- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- TART CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more to sprinkle on peaches
- 4-5 medium size ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°. In a food processor, blend flour, butter, sugar, and salt until moist crumbs form (this may take up to 1 minute). Transfer dough to a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly into pan and up sides. Dip a dry-measuring cup in flour, and use it to press dough firmly into bottom and against sides of pan. Freeze crust until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, prick crust all over. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes, pressing down gently once or twice with a spoon during baking if crust puffs up. Cool completely in pan.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread mixture evenly in bottom of baked crust (still in tart pan).
- Starting from outside edge, arrange peach slices, in tight concentric circles on cream cheese. Sprinkle peaches with sugar to suit your taste.
- Chill in pan atleast 1 hour, up to 6 hours. Remove from pan before just serving.
NotesThis recipe was inspired by a fabulous strawberry tart I made the last time strawberries were in season. Peaches are around the top of my list when it comes to fruits I crave, so I decided to turn the recipe into a peach tart. Yum!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More