PEANUT BRITTLE BARS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups sifted ap flour
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped and divided
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Gradually add flour, mixing at low speed, until fully incorporated.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the peanuts.
- Turn batter into ungreased jelly roll pan (10x15) and, after flouring your fingertips, press batter into thin layer.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining peanuts into the pan.
- Cover dough with a piece of wax paper and press peanuts into the dough, smoothing the mixture into an even layer. Remove wax paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then slice into bars.
- Let the bars cool completely in the pan. They will be quite firm when completely cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 24 bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More