Peanut Brittle in the Microwave
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup of peanuts (or any other kind of nuts)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon baking soda
Directions: Prepare a greased, rimmed cookie sheet.
1. In a 2-qt microwave-safe dish, combine the peanuts, sugar, corn syrup & salt.
2. Microwave (on high) covered for 5 minutes.
3. Mix well (be careful.. It’s very hot)
4. Microwave again for 3 minutes longer.
5. Add butter & vanilla.
Mix & microwave again for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave, stir in baking soda. It will look light and foamy. Pour onto greased cookie sheet. Spread out if possible, being careful not to burn yourself.
7. Allow to cool. Break into pieces.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: