- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes - honest!
- 1 cup of peanuts (or any other kind of nuts)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Directions: Prepare a greased, rimmed cookie sheet.
- 1. In a 2-qt microwave-safe dish, combine the peanuts, sugar, corn syrup & salt.
- 2. Microwave (on high) covered for 5 minutes.
- 3. Mix well (be careful.. It’s very hot)
- 4. Microwave again for 3 minutes longer.
- 5. Add butter & vanilla.
- Mix & microwave again for 2 minutes.
- 6. Remove from microwave, stir in baking soda. It will look light and foamy. Pour onto greased cookie sheet. Spread out if possible, being careful not to burn yourself.
- 7. Allow to cool. Break into pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Food Travels Through Italy
Delightful DessertsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More