- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes - honest!
- 1 cup of peanuts (or any other kind of nuts)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Directions: Prepare a greased, rimmed cookie sheet.
- 1. In a 2-qt microwave-safe dish, combine the peanuts, sugar, corn syrup & salt.
- 2. Microwave (on high) covered for 5 minutes.
- 3. Mix well (be careful.. It’s very hot)
- 4. Microwave again for 3 minutes longer.
- 5. Add butter & vanilla.
- Mix & microwave again for 2 minutes.
- 6. Remove from microwave, stir in baking soda. It will look light and foamy. Pour onto greased cookie sheet. Spread out if possible, being careful not to burn yourself.
- 7. Allow to cool. Break into pieces.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More