- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Water
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C Water
- 1 C Light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1 Lb. Peanuts, shelled & unroasted
- Butter two cookie sheets (15 1/2" x 12") and keep warm.
- Mix baking soda with the 1 teaspoon of water and vanilla - set aside.
- Mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in butter and peanuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly to 300 degrees on the candy thermometer (watch closely so mixture doesn't burn).
- Immediately remove from heat; stir in baking soda mixture.
- Pour half of the candy mixture onto each cookie sheet and spread about 1/4" thick.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More