- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Water
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C Water
- 1 C Light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- 1 Lb. Peanuts, shelled & unroasted
- Butter two cookie sheets (15 1/2" x 12") and keep warm.
- Mix baking soda with the 1 teaspoon of water and vanilla - set aside.
- Mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in butter and peanuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly to 300 degrees on the candy thermometer (watch closely so mixture doesn't burn).
- Immediately remove from heat; stir in baking soda mixture.
- Pour half of the candy mixture onto each cookie sheet and spread about 1/4" thick.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More