PEANUT BUTTER, CHOCOLATE AND BANANA PANINI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 1/4-1/2-inch slices egg bread
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 medium ripe but firm bananas, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat a panini iron according to manufacturers directions.
- Brush one side of 4 bread slices with melted butter.
- Place bread slices, buttered side down, on a smooth, dry surface.
- Spread 1/4 of peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of chocolate chips over peanut butter on each bread slice.
- Press gently to adhere.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the banana pieces over the chocolate chips on each bread slice.
- Cover each dressed bread slice with a plain bread slice.
- Brush each bread slice with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place sandwiches in heated panini and grill, according to manufacturers directions, until lightly browned and crisp. (Alternately, panini may be made using a griddle or cast iron skillet. Turn panini halfway through cooking and press with a metal spatula).
- Remove panini to cutting board, allow to cool for 5 minutes and slice each sandwich in half.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesChildren, as well as adults, love this sweet treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More