- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 1/4-1/2-inch slices egg bread
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 medium ripe but firm bananas, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat a panini iron according to manufacturers directions.
- Brush one side of 4 bread slices with melted butter.
- Place bread slices, buttered side down, on a smooth, dry surface.
- Spread 1/4 of peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of chocolate chips over peanut butter on each bread slice.
- Press gently to adhere.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the banana pieces over the chocolate chips on each bread slice.
- Cover each dressed bread slice with a plain bread slice.
- Brush each bread slice with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place sandwiches in heated panini and grill, according to manufacturers directions, until lightly browned and crisp. (Alternately, panini may be made using a griddle or cast iron skillet. Turn panini halfway through cooking and press with a metal spatula).
- Remove panini to cutting board, allow to cool for 5 minutes and slice each sandwich in half.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesChildren, as well as adults, love this sweet treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Special SmoothiesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More