- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 cup chopped cocktail peanuts*
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour.
- Stir in rolled oats and peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes in preheated oven or until edges lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool.
- *Variation: Prepare as above, except melt and cool 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate. After beating in eggs and vanilla, stir in chocolate. Bake at 375 F. for 10 minutes or until edges are set.
- *Because I had only one cup of rolled oats, I used that plus 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats.
NotesI found this cookie recipe in 'Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, 12th Edition'.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More