- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup of Unsalted butter
- 2 Cups Peanut Butter (I like the chunky for this)
- 1 lb Powdered sugar
- 2 Cups Rice Crispies
- 12 oz SemiSweet Chocolate for dipping
- Place butter and peanute butter in the top of a double boiler/Bain Marie; stir until melted. Work in the Powdered Sugar and Rice Krispies.
- Shape resulting filling into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours.
- In a double boiler (again) melt 12 oz. chocolate:
- If you are using Semi-sweet, do not heat above 110 degrees; if you use milk, or white chocolate, do not heat above 100 degrees.
- Dip each peanut butter nugget, letting excess drip off. Place each dipped Peanut butter ball onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment - you can also set a rack in a jelly roll pan to let excess continue to drip off.
- If chocolate is not setting fast enough, place baking sheet in refrigerator.
- Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for 2 weeks.
NotesI loved these when I was a kid, especially when we got to dip them in the chocolate, although I think more chocolate ended up on my face than on the peanut butter ball I was dipping...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More