PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNK MUFFINS
- Cooking Time: 22-25 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a dash for topping
- 1 (3.5 oz) bar Green & Black’s® Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (6 oz) container plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir in the chocolate pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend the egg, yogurt, buttermilk, banana, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add to the dry mixture and gently fold together, just until moistened, being careful not to over-mix. Use a cookie scoop to spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Stir the remaining sugar with a dash of cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the muffin tops.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven an cool on cooling rack. Serve warm, if desired.
NotesWhat would you make if you got a package of incredible chocolate in the mail? Green & Black's sent me some awesome chocolate and I made some healthy muffins!