- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (about 45 cookies)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Process vanilla wafers in food processor till fine crumbs, add melted butter and pulse several more times til all crumbs are moist. Press into a 9x9 pan lined with Reynold's parchment paper (bottom and up sides). Set in refrigerator to set.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small sauce pan. Gradually add milk, whisking until well blended. Cook over medium heat until mixture almost comes to a boil. Gradually mix a small amount of hot custard into beaten eggs and return egg mixture to custard and cook another minute until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Arrange banana slices over crust and pour custard over bananas. Press plastic wrap on surface of custard and refrigerate until cooled. Remove plastic wrap. Lift out of pan using sides of Reynold's parchment paper. Place in cutting board. Carefully peel sides down and cut into serving sized portions and place a spoon of whipped topping on each piece.
NotesTher's only one word for this one...yummy!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
My Family Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More