- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
MetroCooking DC 2013
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More