- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More