- Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Servings: 16-20 bars
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryThis is a quick recipie from Penzey's. It's good but you really could cut back on the sugar. It's so sweet.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 box graham crackers (about 1 1/2 cups) -- crushed
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Crush the graham crackers and set aside. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix well. Add the powdered sugar and graham crackers. Stir until well combined; it will be a stiff dough. Pat the mixture into an ungreased 9x13" pan. Melt the chocolate chips and spread them over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting.