- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used JIF Extra Crunchy)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- milk chocolate hershey's kisses or stars
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of bowl. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350F oven 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie's center. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes about 54 cookies.
- MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Bake and cool cookies completely, pressing chocolate kiss into hot cookie center. Arrange cookies in an airtight or freezer container in a single layer; cover with a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat layers, leaving enough air space to close container easily. Freeze up to 1 month.
NotesI found this recipe on BHG.com recipes. I made these today, Jon LOVED them!!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More