- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
NotesOur guests love these well-known cookies (one of my own favorites) and they are usually the second to run out on party day. They take a little more work than I usually like and are a bit hard to store, but they are popular enough to warrant keeping them on the yearly list.
As I mentioned before, the combination of peanut and chocolate is a big winner for me, so I would probably continue to make these, even if only for myself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More