- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
NotesOur guests love these well-known cookies (one of my own favorites) and they are usually the second to run out on party day. They take a little more work than I usually like and are a bit hard to store, but they are popular enough to warrant keeping them on the yearly list.
As I mentioned before, the combination of peanut and chocolate is a big winner for me, so I would probably continue to make these, even if only for myself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More