- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
NotesOur guests love these well-known cookies (one of my own favorites) and they are usually the second to run out on party day. They take a little more work than I usually like and are a bit hard to store, but they are popular enough to warrant keeping them on the yearly list.
As I mentioned before, the combination of peanut and chocolate is a big winner for me, so I would probably continue to make these, even if only for myself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More