- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32 to 48 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended; add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges).
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
NotesThis wonderful cookie recipe comes from Hershey's Kitchens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Food Travels Through Italy
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More