- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32 to 48 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended; add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie (cookie will crack around edges).
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
NotesThis wonderful cookie recipe comes from Hershey's Kitchens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through Italy
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More