- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Sponge Cake
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chocolate Glaze
- 2/3 cup condensed milk
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and place in a baking dish with a lip.
- Filling: heat cream to just below a simmer. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth. Slowly beat in hot cream until evenly blended. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate and pour boiling water around pie plate. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set. Let cool to room temperature, then chill custard in pie plate completely.
- Cake: grease a 9-inch round cake pan, line the bottom with parchment, then grease again and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat milk and butter until butter is melted, and keep warm. Whip eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and pale yellow. Add vanilla. Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add to egg mixture, beating on low just until blended. Increase speed to medium and pour in hot milk, mixing just until blended. Scrape into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a plate, peel off parchment, then invert (so top is up) onto a rack to cool completely.
- To assemble, slice cake into 2 layers. Stir chilled custard to smooth and spread over bottom layer. Top with second layer and chill while preparing glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze: Stir condensed milk and chocolate in a pot over medium-low heat until melted and shiny.
- Spread glaze over cake and place peanuts along the sides of the cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More