- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.7 oz pkg vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 10 miniature Reese peanut butter cups, chopped
- Peanut butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup softened margarine
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and dust with flour 2 (8 inch) springform pans.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, water, 1/3 cup oil and pudding.
- Melt peanut butter chips with remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Stir into batter. Mix in peanut butter and half of the chopped peanut butter cups. Pour into prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until done (cake will puff up very high in the oven and settle down flat after being removed).
- Frost cake top and between layers. If you wish to frost the entire cake, you will need to double the frosting recipe.
- Top with remaining peanut butter cups. If desired, melt an ounce or two of chocolate chips and drizzle around the outside edge of the cake, before sprinkling with peanut butter cups.
- To make frosting:
- Beat together margarine, peanut butter and vanilla. Add sugar alternately with milk, beating until light and fluffy. Mixtuer will seem very thick at first, but milk makes it creamy.
- Serves 12.
NotesI first tasted this cake at a college graduation party for my sister. My sister's mother in law made it and said it was a state fair recipe that she clipped out of the newspaper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More