- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4.5 oz. Chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 Tbl. sugar
- pinch salt
- ½ c butter, melted
- 1 Tbl.unflavored gelatin (1 pkg.)
- ¼ c water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c smooth peanut butter
- 1 c milk
- ½ c heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325
- Combine crumbs, sugar and salt in a bowl and toss together.
- Add the butter and stir until blended.
- Press into pie tin and bake for 8 minutes; cool completely.
- In a small bowl sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand to soften.
- Put the egg yolks in a med. saucepan and whisk for a moment.
- Stir in ¾ c sugar, peanut butter and milk.
- Place over med. heat and cook stirring constantly until the mixture just reaches a simmer and thickens slightly but does not boil.
- Remove from heat and add the softened gelatin, stirring until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl and chill, stirring now and then, until it mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon and no longer feels warm, about 1 hour or more.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and slowly add the remaining ¼ cups sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold eggs and cream into chilled peanut butter mixture until completely blended.
- Mound into crust, and chill several hours before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More