- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- for the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- for the frosting:
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups unsalted butter, cubed, cold
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- for the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Coat two 9-inch baking pans with cooking spray and flour.
- Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in the bowl of a mixer and blend thoroughly. Combine wet ingredients (except for peanut butter) in a measuring cup and whisk together with a fork. Add wet ingredients and peanut butter to the bowl of the mixer and blend until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips then transfer to cake pans, dividing evenly. Bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan ten minutes then remove to a wire rack until completely cool.
- for the Frostiing:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and whip at high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Frost and assemble cake.
NotesFor the PB-holic in your house!
When my youngest turned 16 he asked for a peanut butter cake with white chocolate frosting with the utter confidence that I could make it happen. I was pleased to fill the bill!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More