PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- for the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- for the frosting:
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups unsalted butter, cubed, cold
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- for the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Coat two 9-inch baking pans with cooking spray and flour.
- Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in the bowl of a mixer and blend thoroughly. Combine wet ingredients (except for peanut butter) in a measuring cup and whisk together with a fork. Add wet ingredients and peanut butter to the bowl of the mixer and blend until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips then transfer to cake pans, dividing evenly. Bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan ten minutes then remove to a wire rack until completely cool.
- for the Frostiing:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and whip at high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Frost and assemble cake.
NotesFor the PB-holic in your house!
When my youngest turned 16 he asked for a peanut butter cake with white chocolate frosting with the utter confidence that I could make it happen. I was pleased to fill the bill!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More