- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 20-24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryWhat's not to love about peanut butter and chocolate chips? These bars are a surefire crowd pleaser.
- 12 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 c. smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Alternately, line the pan with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray. (Recipe can also be halved and baked in an 8x8.)
- 2. Whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- 3. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined.
- 4. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- 5. Add in the flour mixture. Once mostly combined, add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- 6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes. (For an 8x8 pan, decrease time to 30-32 minutes.) Cool completely before cutting.