Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Why I Love This Recipe
What's not to love about peanut butter and chocolate chips? These bars are a surefire crowd pleaser.
Ingredients You'll Need
12 TBSP unsalted butter
1 c. smooth peanut butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Alternately, line the pan with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray. (Recipe can also be halved and baked in an 8x8.)
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Add in the flour mixture. Once mostly combined, add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes. (For an 8x8 pan, decrease time to 30-32 minutes.) Cool completely before cutting.