PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE STARS COOKIES
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold MedalÃ‚Â® all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- 3 dozen milk chocolate stars
Heat oven to 375' F.
Stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, shortening and egg.
Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
Immediately press 1 chocolate star into each cookie & let cool.