- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Roll between two sheets of waxed paper into a 16 x 12-in rectangle.
- Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly. Discard top sheet of wax paper. S
- pread chocolate over dough to within 1/2-inch of edges. Tightly roll up jellyroll style, starting with a long side. Carefully lift up edge of wax paper and use it to help you roll the dough. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
NotesOne of my favorite cookies! I only chilled the rolled dough 10 minutes. I was told that if you chill the dough longer, the chocolate cracks when you slice it. I didn't use all of the melted chocolate; maybe I had around 2 Tablespoons extra. The dough is really soft.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More