- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Roll between two sheets of waxed paper into a 16 x 12-in rectangle.
- Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly. Discard top sheet of wax paper. S
- pread chocolate over dough to within 1/2-inch of edges. Tightly roll up jellyroll style, starting with a long side. Carefully lift up edge of wax paper and use it to help you roll the dough. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
NotesOne of my favorite cookies! I only chilled the rolled dough 10 minutes. I was told that if you chill the dough longer, the chocolate cracks when you slice it. I didn't use all of the melted chocolate; maybe I had around 2 Tablespoons extra. The dough is really soft.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More