- Cooking Time: 9-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg.
- Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
NotesI know everyone has this recipe; but I want it in my cookbook here.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Italy or Bust
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More