- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 42 cookies
- Preparation Time: 1 hr., 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I used butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Additional sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough for 1 hour, to help with shaping of the cookies.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball by crisscrossing with fork dipped in flour (this helps to keep the fork from sticking in the dough). Sprinkle lightly with sugar (if desired).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set.
- Let stand on baking sheets for about five minutes, then remove cookies to a cooling rack with a spatula and let cool completely.
NotesI found this recipe on the 'Taste Of Home' website, and was submitted by Jessie MacLeod of St. Stephen, New Brunswick. They came out absolutely perfect! I love to collect recipes for peanut butter cookies!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More