- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: 42 cookies
- Preparation Time: 1 hr., 15 minutes
BackstoryI found this recipe on the 'Taste Of Home' website, and was submitted by Jessie MacLeod of St. Stephen, New Brunswick. They came out absolutely perfect! I love to collect recipes for peanut butter cookies!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I used butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Additional sugar (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough for 1 hour, to help with shaping of the cookies.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball by crisscrossing with fork dipped in flour (this helps to keep the fork from sticking in the dough). Sprinkle lightly with sugar (if desired).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set.
- Let stand on baking sheets for about five minutes, then remove cookies to a cooling rack with a spatula and let cool completely.