- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryAlways a hit with the kids, this family favorite cookie is originally from Betty Crocker.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, beat the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and beat to mix in.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients making sure to incorporate them together well. You can also just mix them together with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture and mix until just incorporated. Chill for 1 hour.
- Using a small scoop make balls about the size of ping-pongs and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set on cookie sheet for about 1 minute, then carefully transfer your cookies using a spatula to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 2 dozen delicious cookies.