- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, beat the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and beat to mix in.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients making sure to incorporate them together well. You can also just mix them together with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture and mix until just incorporated. Chill for 1 hour.
- Using a small scoop make balls about the size of ping-pongs and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set on cookie sheet for about 1 minute, then carefully transfer your cookies using a spatula to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 2 dozen delicious cookies.
NotesAlways a hit with the kids, this family favorite cookie is originally from Betty Crocker.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More