- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, beat the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and beat to mix in.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients making sure to incorporate them together well. You can also just mix them together with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture and mix until just incorporated. Chill for 1 hour.
- Using a small scoop make balls about the size of ping-pongs and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set on cookie sheet for about 1 minute, then carefully transfer your cookies using a spatula to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 2 dozen delicious cookies.
NotesAlways a hit with the kids, this family favorite cookie is originally from Betty Crocker.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More