- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M’s (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Beat butter, shortening, and peanut butter until smooth. Add white sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs on at a time and then add vanilla extract until blended. Use your hands or a spoon and add the flour mixture to complete cookie dough.
- One at time scoop dough with a teaspoon (can use a tablespoon for larger cookies) and drop dough in 1” balls onto a cookie sheet. Place 2 inches apart. With a fork dipped in flour flatten cookies. Then flatten in the opposite direction (so they cross).
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-12 for crispy.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More