- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For cupcakes:
- 1 box (18.25oz) Devils Food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12oz) bag Reeses mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- For frosting:
- 2 sticks (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, as needed
- Mini semisweet chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 12 muffin baking pans with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil until moistened. Using a handheld mixer beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips. Place a heaping tablespoon of cake batter into each muffin cup. Place one Reeses mini peanut butter cup into each muffin cup, and top with an additional tablespoon of cake batter to cover - muffin cups should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted along the edge of the cupcake comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- To prepare frosting: place butter and peanut butter in a medium bowl and beat with a handheld mixer until fluffy and thoroughly combined. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. Gradually mix in powdered sugar until well incorporated- if mixture becomes too thick, add milk a tablespoon at a time as needed until desired consistency. Beat for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and if desired, garnish with mini semisweet chocolate chips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More