- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups (15 3/4 oz) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Dulce de Leche (purchased)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking/baking spray. Whisk to combine flour, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in large glass bowl - in microwave, heat butter and chocolate on high for 45 seconds, then stir and heat for 30 seconds more. Stir again, and, if necessary, repeat in 15-second increments.
- When chocolate mixture is completely smooth, whisk in sugar (or add chocolate and sugar to stand mixer and mix on low until combined). Add eggs on at a time, mixing after each addition until thoroughly combined. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture in three additions, mixing until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan; using spatula, spread batter into corners of pan and smooth surface. Use a spoon and dollup half of the dulce de leche onto the surface, swirl with a knife. Add the remaining batter and spread evenly. Spoon the remaining dulce de leche onto the top and swirl.
- Bake until toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into center of brownies comes out with few moist crumbs attached, about 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, then remove brownies from pan by lifting foil overhang. Cut brownies into 2x2 inch squares and serve.
NotesChocolate + Peanut Butter reaches new heights with peanut butter dulce de leche swirled into these dense, fudgey brownies.
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More