- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 100
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet real chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Sliced almonds
- Chow mein noodles
- Combine peanut butter and margarine in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add powdered sugar; reduce speed to low.
- Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs by hand.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture into 1 1/2-inch ovals.
- Place onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds; stir.
- Continue microwaving at 10 second intervals, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth (10 to 30 seconds).
- Cool slightly (2 to 3 minutes).
- Place chocolate in small plastic resealable food bag.
- Cut very small tip from one corner of bag.
- For each honey bee, pipe 3 chocolate stripes on each oval; insert 2 almond slices in each side for wings.
- Insert 2 chow mein noodles in head for antenna; insert 1 short chow mein noodle for tail.
- Dot with chocolate for eyes, if desired.
- Refrigerate until firm (at least 30 minutes). Store refrigerated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More