- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut halves
- 2 tablespoons green and red M&M mini baking bits
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
- 60 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- 2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3. Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add ot the creamed mixture.
- 4. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 5. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6. Pinch each ball at one end to taper.
- 7. Insert 2 peanut halves in center of each ball for ears.
- 8. Add one M&M baking chip for nose and 2 chocolate chips for eyes.
- 9. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.
- 10. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 11. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail.
- 12. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesA few years ago I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. The kids (and adults) love when I make them at Christmas.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More