- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut halves
- 2 tablespoons green and red M&M mini baking bits
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
- 60 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- 2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3. Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add ot the creamed mixture.
- 4. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 5. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 6. Pinch each ball at one end to taper.
- 7. Insert 2 peanut halves in center of each ball for ears.
- 8. Add one M&M baking chip for nose and 2 chocolate chips for eyes.
- 9. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.
- 10. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 11. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail.
- 12. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
NotesA few years ago I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. The kids (and adults) love when I make them at Christmas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
The NourishFull Kitchen
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More