PEANUT BUTTER MICE
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut halves
- 2 tablespoons green and red M&M mini baking bits
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
- 60 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add ot the creamed mixture.
4. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
5. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Pinch each ball at one end to taper.
7. Insert 2 peanut halves in center of each ball for ears.
8. Add one M&M baking chip for nose and 2 chocolate chips for eyes.
9. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set.
11. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail.
12. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.