- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Use your favorite white cake recipe or a box of white cake mix to make the cupcakes.
- I made a 4 layer cake from this recipe and decided to try it out in cupcake form. Both are good.
- CUPCAKES - You can use your favorite white cake recipe or
- a box of white cake mix- follow directions for cupcakes, bake and then cool completely
- PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE FILLING-
- 1 Pkg. jello Cheesecake flavored pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 small container cool whip
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cup milk
- Beat jello mix, peanut butter and 1 1/4 cup (reserve 1/4 cup if mixture is too thick) in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Fold in about 1/2 of the small container of cool whip (more or less depending on desired consistency) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE- you can use chocolate buttercream if you prefer a lighter topping. The ganache is especially good if making the cake.
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Place the cream in a small heavy saucepan over med. heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Remove the cream from the heat and pour over chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted.
- 3. Let it stand for 30 mins. at room temp. or chill for 10 mins. until it has thickened enough to spread.
- 1. Fill pastry bag with chilled mousse mixture and using a wilton bismarck tip (the long pointy one from the cupcake decorating kit) or any other long pointy tip- insert into cupcake approximately 2/3 of the way down and squeeze to fill cupcake.(I do this 2 or 3 times to some larger cupcakes to get more filling in them).
- 2. Frost using the chocolate ganache or chocolate buttercream.
NotesI made a 4 layer cake from this recipe and decided to try it out in cupcake form. Both are good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More