- Cooking Time: 10 to 11
- Servings: 42
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryFor Thanksgiving dinner, I needed to do cookies for my niece's two daughters. Kiara will eat anything sweet, while Areonna is a bit picky. After figuring out what Areonna did not like, came up with a modified version of one of my previous cookies; Gluten Free Oatmeal cookie with a minor twist- Turbinado Sugar.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars; blend in eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer - Stop when blended.
- 3. Fold in the combined dry ingredients using a spatula. Stir in nuts and raisins just until evenly combined.
- 4. Drop by tablespoons on parchment-papered cookie sheet; shape with the ends of a fork tine. Or shape into 42 even sized balls.
- 5. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Check after 6 minutes, as all ovens are not true temperature.
- 6. Let sit on cookie sheet one minute after removing from oven. Move to another cool cookie sheet to finish cooling. They may be brittle while hot.
- 7. Store the left-over cookies in a sealed container. I doubt this will be needed. They are good!