- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: Quick
BackstoryWhat kid wouldnt oooh and aaahhhh over this as a Halloween treat. Looks good, so thought I would share this.
- * 5 cups popped popcorn
- * 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- * 1/2 cup sugar
- * 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- * 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn mixture and mix well.
- * When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into ten 2-1/2-in. balls. Let stand at room temperature until firm; wrap in plastic wrap. Yield: 10 popcorn balls.