- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp double strength vanilla
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Dog food for “sprinkles”
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray cupcakes or mini cupcake pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add all ingredients but peanut butter and dog food and mix with a pastry blender until well combined. Add peanut butter and continue stirring until well blended.
- If using mini cupcake pan, spoon 2 Tbsp (or 1/8 cup) batter into each well. If using regular cupcake pan, fill each well to the top. The batter will not rise or smooth out very much, so be sure to smooth it out and make it pretty. Top each cupcake with 1-4 pieces of dog food as “sprinkles,” pushing them down slightly into the dough.
- Bake mini pupcakes for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Bake larger pupcakes for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes in pan before inverting onto cooling rack. Allow pupcakes to cool completely before feeding them to your dog.
NotesThese make a tasty treat for your favorite pooch called pupcakes. Make them in a mini cupcake pan for small dogs or in a regular cupcake pan for large dogs. They are flavored in peanut butter which dogs love!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
50 Shades of Taste
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More