- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. Karo
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 6 c. rice crispy cereal
- chocolate frosting (packaged or homemade)
- vanilla frosting (packaged or homemade)
- colored writing icing (optional)
- Stir together Karo and sugar in a large saucepan. Heat until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, stir until smooth. Return to heat briefly if necessary.
- Add cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Turn out into a buttered 13x9 pan. Let it cool and harden about ten minutes.
- With a knife, cut out football outline from rectangle. Pile the edge "scraps" onto the middle and mold into a football shape.
- Spread chocolate frosting over entire cookie. Pipe vanilla frosting "stitches".
- Optional: Write team name or draw mascot with writing icing
NotesI made this for our football party celebrating the 2007-08 OSU Buckeyes in the national championship. Instead of the normal Buckeye candy, I made a real, edible, Buckeye football. Based on a community cook book recipe for Scotcheroos.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Austin Personal Training Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More