- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. Karo
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter
- 6 c. rice crispy cereal
- chocolate frosting (packaged or homemade)
- vanilla frosting (packaged or homemade)
- colored writing icing (optional)
- Stir together Karo and sugar in a large saucepan. Heat until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, stir until smooth. Return to heat briefly if necessary.
- Add cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Turn out into a buttered 13x9 pan. Let it cool and harden about ten minutes.
- With a knife, cut out football outline from rectangle. Pile the edge "scraps" onto the middle and mold into a football shape.
- Spread chocolate frosting over entire cookie. Pipe vanilla frosting "stitches".
- Optional: Write team name or draw mascot with writing icing
NotesI made this for our football party celebrating the 2007-08 OSU Buckeyes in the national championship. Instead of the normal Buckeye candy, I made a real, edible, Buckeye football. Based on a community cook book recipe for Scotcheroos.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More