- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: Alot!
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 C. sugar
- 2 C. flour
- 1 C. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ C. creamy peanut butter
- ½ C. buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 6 Tbs. milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ tsp.salt
- 1 1-lb. box (approximately 3 ¾ cups) confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour
- In a medium saucepan, combine and bring to boil the following:
- 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 sticks margarine or butter, and
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- Add to flour/sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Then add: ½ cup buttermilk , 2 eggs, beaten, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon soda Mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 17”x11” pan. Bake at 375 deg for 18-20 minutes. Check the cake at 17 minutes – over baking will result in a dry cake.
- Frosting: Start preparing the frosting ingredients so you can pour the frosting on the cake while the cake and frosting are warm.
- Remove from heat and add: 1 1-lb. box (approximately 3 ¾ cups) confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix well. Spread on cake while both cake and frosting are warm. Cool before cutting.
- This recipe uses buttermilk; I use butter instead of margarine; Both of these contribute to moistness. Also - most people simply overbake their cakes. If a cake shrinks away from the side of the pan before you remove it from the oven, it has baked too long.
NotesMy coworker, Vicki, brought this tasty cake to work one day - 1 bite, and I fell in love. It's pretty easy to make! If you don't already have one, the 11x17 sheet pan can be found inexpensively at Walmart - per Vicki's suggestion, I bought two, and used the second pan as a "lid" for the first pan.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More