- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese cookies are easy to prepare, and they're egg-free. Drizzle melted chocolate over these shortbread cookies for the holidays. Use a food processor or electric chopper to chop the peanuts for this recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped roasted or honey-roasted peanuts
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat or stir in the flour and cornstarch until mixture holds together.
- Blend in the very finely chopped peanuts.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Or, shape the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet, dip the flat bottom of a glass in granulated sugar, and flatten gently to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of shortening and drizzle over the cookies.
- Makes about four dozen cookies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More