- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped roasted or honey-roasted peanuts
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat or stir in the flour and cornstarch until mixture holds together.
- Blend in the very finely chopped peanuts.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Or, shape the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet, dip the flat bottom of a glass in granulated sugar, and flatten gently to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of shortening and drizzle over the cookies.
- Makes about four dozen cookies
NotesThese cookies are easy to prepare, and they're egg-free. Drizzle melted chocolate over these shortbread cookies for the holidays. Use a food processor or electric chopper to chop the peanuts for this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More