- Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 24-30
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 c. flour
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa (use the dark version, if preferred)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 1 c. hot coffee
- Filling Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 15 dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups, halved, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners (about 30).
- Combine egg, oil, vanilla and buttermilk. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Combine the egg mixture and the flour mixture, mixing well. Slowly mix in hot coffee. Batter will be thin.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched
- For the filling, beat together the butter, cream cheese and peanut butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the powder sugar, ½ cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add the milk and beat until creamy.
- Fit a pastry bag with a long narrow tip and fill with peanut butter filling. Insert tip about 1/2 inch deep into the top of each cupcake and fill cupcake with frosting. Set aside unused filling.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Heat the heavy cream over low/med heat until it just starts to simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir the chocolate chips and the cream until well-blended.
- Swirl the top of each cupcake into chocolate glaze, coating the top of each cake. Let the glaze harden for a few minutes (you can chill them, if desired), then, using leftover filling, pipe a swirl of buttercream on top of each cupcake. Garnish each cupcake with 1/2 mini peanut butter cup.
NotesA twist on the Cream-Filled Cupcakes, this version adds peanut butter and dark chocolate to the mix.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More