- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for buttering
- 1/3 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp and drained on paper towels
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Butter a 4½-by-8½-inch loaf pan, then line the bottom with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar at high speed for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until fluffy. Add the whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt; mix until blended. Add the bananas and maple syrup; mix until just blended. Add the all-purpose flour and mix at low speed until just blended. Stir in the walnuts and scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Slice four ½-inch-thick slices from the bread. Spread 2 of the slices with the peanut butter, then top each with 2 strips of the cooked bacon and another slice of bread. Wrap up the remaining banana bread for snacking.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More