- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Batter for One Jiffy White Cake
- Double Pie crust or two store bought pie crusts
- Ina Garten's PB frosting: 1 c. Peanut Butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- dash salt
- 1/3 c. cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter.
- Heat jam briefly in microwave or saucepan and stir. (You just want to break it up so it isn't solid)
- Roll out pie crusts and cut 24 circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Place each circle into muffin cup and press down into bottoms gently.
- Pour 1 heaping Tbls. cake batter into each cup.
- Top with 1 heaping Tbls. jam.
- Fill cups with remaining batter.
- Bake for 5-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, beat sugar, butter, peanut butter, salt and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add cream and beat on high speed until smooth.
NotesI've been playing with the idea of making Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into cupcakes for a while now. I wanted to make sure I captured the crust and te soft center of bread, so I went with a pie crust bottom and cake top. I'm really happy with the results, and they were a huge hit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More