- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy on low speed. Add sugars and 1/4 cup peanut butter and beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour. Shape dough into 32 1-inch balls and set aside.
- To make the peanut butter filling, mix powdered sugar and 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth. Shape filling into 32 1/2-inch balls.
- To form cookies, slightly flatten each chocolate dough ball, then wrap around the peanut butter filling, sealing completely. Roll the dough between palms to reform into balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten each with the bottom of a glass dipped in granulated sugar (for the first one, flatten the cookie first, then dip into sugar so it will stick to the bottom of the glass).
- Bake 8 minutes or until the surface is slightly cracked and the cookie is just set. Cool for one minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container, separated with wax paper up to 3 days.
NotesThese are my favorite cookie to make during the holidays, the peanut filling is such a tasty surprise!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Cooking with Sabra
Delightful DessertsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More