- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) brown sugar, light or dark, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (1 3/8 ounces) dark corn syrup or brown sugar corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) water
- 1 cup (9 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups (6 1/4 ounces) King Arthur whole wheat flour, Traditional or 100% White Whole Wheat
- 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts, finely ground in a food processor
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- To prepare the dough: In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the sugars, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, corn syrup, water, and peanut butter, beating until smooth. Add the flour and ground nuts, beating until the mixture is well combined. The dough will be very stiff, and quite dry; an electric stand mixer is the best bet here.
- Drop tablespoon-size balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here. Press the top of each cookie with a mini-masher or fork to make parallel lines (or a crisscross design), flattening the cookies to about 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick. You can space these fairly close together; they won't spread much.
- To bake the cookies: Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, reversing the pans midway through (top to bottom, bottom to top). The cookies may look barely browned, or they may look almost exactly as they did when you put them in the oven; that's OK. Remove them from the oven, and transfer them to a rack to cool. Yield: 28 cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Christmas CookiesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More