- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening (part butter or margarine) * - see note below
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir together flour, soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Mix shortening, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla, until thoroughly blended, light & fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Stir in salted peanuts.
- Roll into balls (approx. 1 heaping tsp.).
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Grease & sugar bottom of a glass---flatten cookies with bottom of glass.
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- *I have also made these using all Imperial margarine.
NotesI sent these cookies to my son, daughter and son-in-law. Another mom gave me this hint: In order to keep the cookies fresh, wrap 1 or 2 cookies in Saran Wrap/Handy Wrap, etc. This wrapping kept the batch of cookies fresh until they received them.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Adventures in CookingSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More