- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening (part butter or margarine) * - see note below
- 1-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir together flour, soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Mix shortening, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla, until thoroughly blended, light & fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients.
- Stir in salted peanuts.
- Roll into balls (approx. 1 heaping tsp.).
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Grease & sugar bottom of a glass---flatten cookies with bottom of glass.
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- *I have also made these using all Imperial margarine.
NotesI sent these cookies to my son, daughter and son-in-law. Another mom gave me this hint: In order to keep the cookies fresh, wrap 1 or 2 cookies in Saran Wrap/Handy Wrap, etc. This wrapping kept the batch of cookies fresh until they received them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MidLife Road Trip's
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More