PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE (FOR SPRING ROLLS)
- 3 ounces unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 Thai chili, seeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Chop 1 tablespoon of the peanuts; grind the rest.
Stir-fry garlic and chilies in oil over medium heat, 5 minutes.
Add ground peanuts and stir until they release some of their oil, about 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; bring just to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat and simmer until oil begins to surface, about 15 minutes.
Garnish with chopped peanuts.