- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA variation of a cold noodle dish with which I grew up. Make a big batch and take leftovers for lunch!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb Chinese flat noodles (can use spaghetti)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cucumber, cut into long matchsticks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar (I use rice vinegar)
- 5 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 tsp chile oil or chile w/garlice sauce
- Put chicken in large pan of water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from water, cool chicken, and shred into small pieces.
- Bring water to a boil, cook noodles, rinse, and drain. Toss noodles with 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- Mix sauce ingredients in large measuring cup. Mix well, until all ingredients are blended.
- Place chicken and cucumber on noodles. Pour on peanut sauce, mix, and serve.