- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 10–12
- Preparation Time: 10
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour to make a roux.
- Cook on medium heat while frequently stirring until the roux is light tan in color.
- Once the roux is ready, add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Then add peanut butter and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Hold on stove at a low heat until ready to serve.
- The longer it heats, the thicker it gets.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and water chestnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce